Re: Question for Sam Hocevar "xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx"

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 06:06:18PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 10:24:16AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > if he wants to move on and grow up and put it behind him, let him. it's
> > not like a stupid parody organisation actually harms anyone or anything.
>
> I beg to differ.  The GNAA have a long history of mounting campaigns of
> *disruption* against on-line communities.

ooh. disruption.  they must be terrorists.  shoot them all.

> That is not the work of a "parody organization".

yes, it is. disruption and causing a big fuss has long been the purpose
of parody groups.

it's also why stupid troll groups exist. the more annoyance they cause,
the bigger the fuss, the more successful they think they are. by
treating them seriously, you're just feeding them.

craig

ps: i didn't vote for the guy, i am unlikely to ever vote for him. but
what's done is done. let him get on with it and judge him on what he
does now rather than on stupid juvenile shit he did (or probably did -
i don't know for sure and i don't care) years ago.

it's not as if it matters much - the DPL never does anything important
(the cabal makes sure of that), no matter what grand promises they make
in their election platforms. people go along with them if they like
their plans and ignore them if they don't. same as ever.

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Could somebody drag the Irix team kicking and screaming into the 1980's,
please?

I realize it might be quite painful for them, but maybe you could buy them
a disco tape, so they'd feel a little bit more at home.

		-- Linus "Stayin' alive, stayin' alive" Torvalds