Re: Question for Sam Hocevar "xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx"

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 05:24:16PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > I have an E-Mail in the domain <gov.fr> now I am the hidden
> > "President of France" or my E-Mail from the "Ministry of Defense"
> > where I am "Commander en Chef" or what?
>
> No, but it seems like a reasonably safe bet that you've worked for them
> at some point.

in the end, though, who cares?

in his younger days, he may or may not have been a member of a juvenile
parody organisation whose purpose was to shock and annoy people with
over-the-top and deliberately offensive crudity. big deal. the major
part of the reason for them doing it is to hear the outraged squawks of
those who are offended by it - the more attention and fuss it gets, the
bigger the joke. the best thing to do is to just ignore it. or dismiss
it contemptuously. taking it seriously is the worst thing you could do,
it's what they want and it just inspires them to even lower depths.

anyway, lots of people do shit like that when they're young and stupid
teenagers. they think it's funny. or rebellious. or something. most of
them grow out of it when they eventually realise it doesn't make them
look "cool", it makes them look like anxious little boys trying to act
cool. which is what they are.

if he wants to move on and grow up and put it behind him, let him. it's
not like a stupid parody organisation actually harms anyone or anything.

craig

PS: some people deserve to be offended. those who get outraged by
moronic parody crap are amongst them.

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks
          without knowledge, of things without parallel.
               [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911]