Re: Request for GR: clarifying the license text licensing / freeness issue

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 09:48:51AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > Egad, it sounds like you actually live in an evil parallel universe where
> > idealism is inherently dishonest and false. That universe must really suck. :)
>
> There's a difference between idealism and lying about adhering to one's
> ideals.

Yeah, and we're not lying about adhering to our ideals simply by
distributing the obligatory license data. If we weren't doing that,
we'd have no product of our ideals because we couldn't distribute it.

(Oh my god we betrayed our idealism by adhering to the copyright law!!!1!)

> > Please, try to remember the spirit of those promises, rather than trying
> > to find gremlins in them.
>
> Utter crap.

I'm automatically impressed by your argument there. :P

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.