Re: Question for all candidates, was: Google SoC 2007 - we're in, sign up quickly!

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, MJ Ray wrote:
> > How would other candidates avoid dropping topics like this? [cc'd to
> > -vote for these questions, please drop -project or -vote on replies]
>
> This is not really up to the DPL. That would be useless micro-management.
[...]

So, just to be sure I've understood your reply: if you-as-DPL (or one of
your delegates) tells us that we can expect something, that would't mean
anything if the task depends on someone else?  You'd feel that you need
not check whether we get it, or give any explanation why we can no longer
expect it after all?

That suggests a wider question: should the project leader have any
project management skills at all?

Amazed,
--
MJR/slef