Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2007: Draft ballot

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 04:35:39PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 05:08:05PM -0700, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > On Friday 09 March 2007 16:18, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > >         Given that this election has a record number of options,
> > >  making us move to using Hex instead of decimal numbers for ranking,
> >                            ^^^
> > >  coupled with the fact that I'll be out of town all of next week, you
> > >  are getting to see the draft ballot earlier this year than is the
> > >  norm.
>
> > Hmmm, decimal would have been quite a bit more straightforward and required
> > a lot less of an explanation.
>
> It would have meant handling multi-char vote values, necessitating changes
> to all the reporting including the tally sheet and the vote
> acknowledgements, each of which represent the individual ballot options as a
> single character column.

  nah, we should change the voting method, just let each option choose a
glyph, and vote glyphs in order, like in:

  AEF|CD|BG

  which would be the same vote as:
  1322113

  Then each candidate could chose a glyph to represent him on the
ballot:

  and I'm sure someone would also want to choose │ just for the fun.
Wouldn't be that really great ? Sadly there is no pony-glyph (sorry
martin, would a horse ♘ be OK though ?).
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit