Re: Summary for the upload package rules GR

Bastian Venthur a écrit :
> Julien Cristau schrieb:
>> I fear you don't understand what "orthogonal" means.  This GR is neither
>> a step in the "right" direction, nor a step in the "wrong" direction.
>> It's completely unrelated to the issue of source-only uploads.
>
> Maybe I just disagree with the independence between "don't allow
> binary-only uploads" and "aim for source-only uploads". Forbidding
> binary-only uploads *could* force us to improve our buildd net, which
> would in turn bring us a step closer to source-only uploads.

This *could* also lead to removal of some architectures because the
corresponding build daemons are not maintained correctly.

> After all I'd still prefer source-only uploads and don't see why I
> should support the opposite, orthogonal or not.

That's also something I want to see, along with giving the right to at
least one porter of an architecture an access to the wanna-build database.

But we, as simple DD, can't decide about that.