Re: Question to the candidates: inclusion of the kFreeBSD-* ports

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 09:58:48AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le dimanche 04 mars 2007 à 18:13 +1000, Anthony Towns a écrit :

> > I'm not seeing why you need to be in the archive to do NMUs to improve
> > packages?

> Because some maintainers refuse such NMUs for unofficial architectures.

This sounds like a problem independant of this particular port - do
people give reasons for this?  If the patch is invasive or likely to
have additional problems I can understand a response like that (indeed,
one of my packages has such a patch) but I can't imagine too many
packages would run into that sort of issue.