Re: A question of time

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:43:05AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Many of the candidates are busy in other parts of debian with doing some
> other more or less important work.
>
> Which parts of your current work will you spend less time on when being
> a DPL?

Oh, I still have quite a bit of spare time left.

> Have you prepared other people to eventually taking over those tasks for
> you?

No. If and when this turns out to be necessary, I'm sure we'll be able
to find a solution for the problem, as happens a lot in a project like
Debian.

It's also important to realize that the time I would spend on DPL-ish
projects is not time lost to the project as a whole; if I do not win the
election and someone else becomes the DPL, then this someone else will
have to spend time on DPL-related projects that they can not spend on
other Debian-related projects. In all, this means that there will
neither be a net loss nor a net gain for the project as a whole.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22