Re: A new practical problem with invariant sections?

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> why are you obsessing with a convenience issue and pretending that it
> has ANY BEARING AT ALL on freedom issues?  it doesn't.

I think if you'll look at the header you'll see that this is about "a
new practical problem".  If you aren't interested in the practical
problems, then you don't need to worry about them.  Those of us who
are interested in them should be able to discuss them, right?

We have also been told by some that the DFSG should be interpreted only to
require permission to make useful modifications.  If that is correct,
then it immediately becomes relevant whether a given modification is
useful, and whether that modification is prohibited.

Thomas