Re: DFSG4 and combined works

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:29:20PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> writes:
>
> > This is strange. :-) The program is covered under BSD license and you
> > say it is non-free.
>
> No.  The resulting program is covered under the BSD license and the
> GFDL together.

This was not the license I suggested.  For the non-commented parts of
the source files of GDB the license I suggested gives you the right to
choose between GFDL and BSD.

I have the right to use such dual licensing.  By placing the entire
sources under GFDL I have satisfied the requirements of GDFL.  On the
other hand the non-commented parts do not depend on the manual in any
way so I am allowed license them under BSD additionaly.  The binary
depends only on the non-commented parts so it is covered under BSD.

Anton Zinoviev