Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

> Thomas, I really think your attempts to suppress use of Debian's standard
> resolution procedure are inappropriate.

Perhaps you have misunderstood me because I was unclear.

I am not trying to suppress anything.  I am concerned that the
procedure is being used abusively, and that at least some participants
in these discussions are being dishonorable.

We were told after the drop non-free resolution failed that it would
be abusive and unfair and illegitimate to proceed to reintroduce the
same topic over and over again.  I don't know where that fear came
from, but there it was; some people were concerned that it would be
brought up again and again.  I believe this is, in substance, what is
happening here.

> And if nothing else, letting opponents of 2004-03 bring this issue to vote
> on their own terms would put to rest the question of whether this vote was
> representative.  Not that this is what we have here; *this* GR is about
> issuing a position statement that the GFDL is *not* acceptable to Debian,
> which makes it doubly inappropriate to object to developers seeking to have
> their views represented as an option on the ballot.

This is quite a fair point, and thank you for it.

Still, I have no confidence at this point.  I am quite sure that, even
if Anthony's original resolution passes overwhelmingly, we will see
another GR with the effect "keep GFDL'd documentation in main" before
long.

Thomas