Re: Anton's amendment

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 02:37:28PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

> Sorry, it's "adapt to your needs", not "adapt to the needs the author
> judges reasonable"... You're forcing your interpretation beyond
> reasonable limits...

Sorry, I was more brief than I had to be.

Freedom 1 is the freedom to study how the program works and adapt it
to your needs.  On one hand you can do whatever you want, but on the
other hand freedom 1 says nothing about the distribution of your
modified version.

Only freedom 3 talks about distribution -- the freedom to improve the
program and release your improvements to the public.  Freedom 3 says
nothing about your needs.

What I wrote was the following: if your modifications solve some real
need, not just your whims, then your modifications are usefull and
freedom 3 gives you the right to distribute them.

Anton Zinoviev