Re: Anton's amendment

"Wesley J. Landaker" <wjl@icecavern.net> writes:

> Yes, I agree. Hence, "common sense" and "gut feel". But it's a fact that all
> developers "common sense" about the GFDL isn't leading to the same
> decisions.

I'm not going by common sense or gut feel.  I'm going by actual
reasons.  We do not yet have *anyone* who has posted an interpretation
of the DFSG under which the GFDL would pass.  Nobody has even tried.
The amendment just declares "it hereby passes"; and nobody, despite
Manoj's request, has proffered one.  There have been some vague
references to interpretations being made, but not actually spelled out
and then applied, to see whether they are at all plausible.

> My argument is that each of these options is a possible valid interpretation
> of the DFSG.

Good grief, none of them is an *interpretation*.

Thomas