Re: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 01:45:40AM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Hereby I am proposing an amendment to the GR about GFDL opened by
> Anthony Towns [Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:02:04 +1000]

(The proposal actually became formal on the 12th, and that's the one you're
amending, fwiw)

> GNU Free Documentation License protects the freedom,
> it is compatible with Debian Free Software Guidelines

Obviously, presuming this amendment achieves sufficient seconds, I don't
accept it as an amendment to the original proposal, thus it should appear
as a separate option on the ballot.

If I'd been making that amendment, I'd've made the amended resolution
be something like "The GFDL is DFSG-free." and given all the text as
rationale. YMMV obviously :)

> It is naive to think that in order to fulfil this requirement of DFSG

Calling your fellow developers "naive" isn't terribly nice, you sell
out... ;)

> Consequently the license requires distribution of the transparent form
> ALONG with each opaque copy but not IN OR WITH each opaque copy.

I wish the folks who believe this would just ask for a clarification
from RMS or Eben Moglen. It'd be a lot more convincing. Anyone?

> It is a fact confirmed by Richard Stallman, author of GFDL,

Cite, please.

Cheers,
aj