Re: For those who care about the GR

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:25:58 +0100, David N Welton <davidw@dedasys.com> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:59:15 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout
>> <kleptog@gmail.com> said:
>>

>>> 1. debian-legal is wrong, the GFDL is compatable with the DFSG and
>>> thus should be included in main.
>>

>> Looking over the arguments for and against it in -legal, I am
>> trying to ascertain if this stance has a leg to stand on.

> ... and ?

        And what? If someone tries to bring through a GR stating that
 MS office warez can be distributed in main since it meets the DFSG,
 one might rule that as frivolous and a waste of time.

> I am still trying to ascertain whether debian-legal has a leg to
> stand on.

        Only insofar in how they convince people -- like delegates,
 for example. I am, for one, convinced that the GFDL does not meet the
 standards of freedom the project espouses.

        manoj
--
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.