Re: For those who care about the GR

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:59:15 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout
<kleptog@gmail.com> said:

> 1. debian-legal is wrong, the GFDL is compatable with the DFSG and
>    thus should be included in main.

	Looking over the arguments for and against it in -legal, I am
 trying to ascertain if this stance has a leg to stand on.

> 2. I know the GFDL isn't compatable with the DFSG but I think it
>    should be allowed in main anyway.

        Which is where we are.

> 3. I know the GFDL isn't compatable with the DFSG but the DFSG is
>    only for software not documentation, so it's allowed in main for
>    documentation only. :)

	We have already decided this is incorrect via GR's

> It seems that some people see the vote as meaning 1 and others want
> meaning 2. The latter would seems to require changing the SC, the
> former wouldn't.

	Quite.  I think that people who want to establish one should
 do it separately from this current GR that is trying to explain why
 we think it is non-free.

        manoj
--
BEWARE!  People acting under the influence of human nature.