Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

Hi,

the text of the amendment says at its very end:

,----
|  Since this amendment would require modification of a foundation
|  document, namely, the Social Contract, it requires a 3:1 majority to
|  pass.
`----

But AFAICS it does not propose a textual change to the SC, just a change
of its meaning, or interpretation or whatever.  I have a couple of
questions about this:

- Has this been done previously?  If yes, where can I find a collection
  of all decisions that have thus "changed" the SC?

- Shouldn't we add a sentence to the SC, something like "In a couple of
  cases, the interpretation of this Social Contract or how it should be
  spelled out in technical details was controversial among the project,
  and votes have been taken.  The results of these votes are at
  <hyperlink>"?

As for the intention of the amendment, it seems to me that it relies
heavily on the assumption that the excempted clauses are simply bugs of
the license text and not the actual intention.  Given how bad
communication with the FSF was wrt to the GFDL, I doubt that we can sure
about this...

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster