Re: First call for vote on immediate vote under section 4.2.2

Kalle Kivimaa <kalle.kivimaa@iki.fi> wrote: [...]
> Which issues would those be, then?

I've posted lists in the past, such as
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/09/msg00409.html

> If I look at the controversial issues aj has rised, I find these
> three:
>
> 1. Sven vs. the rest of the d-i team mediation
> 2. Using project funds to pay some developers
> 3. Revoking the policy editor delegation
>
> In #1 aj was explicitly asked to make a decision by a party in the
> controversy. In #2 aj first solicited opinions and then decided *not*
> to go forward. #3 was a snap judgement based on the behaviour of a
> delegate and it looks like aj is already reconsidering it.

AFAIK, I've not seen the request to aj for No.1 and he described it as
being asked to review the situation - not to issue a ruling - in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00235.html
It is still a current problem.

In No.2, aj decided to pay developers outside the project's control
by calling for donations to "fund debian release managers" instead of
improving dunc-tank, and there are no published measures or methods
for this "experiment" on our project AFAICT.  It is a non-design.

No.3 already has a Discussion Is Over - maybe it won't be so, but what
a way to consider something!

Has there been a controversial issue where aj has sought consensus
instead of taking it to the brink?
--
MJR/slef