Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:11:08 +0100, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:

> Manoj, your conflict of interest here is too severe, I think.  Would
> you please formally delegate the interpretation of the constitution
> with respect to maintenance of policy to someone else ?

> I don't think you've been grinding your own axe here but, I would
> like to ask you to do us a favour and present the appearance of
> propriety as well as the fact of it.

        Duly noted.  But since the secretary's job routinely involves
 running votes and DPL elections in which I have strong opinions, and
 interpreting the constitution is an integral part of the process, I
 would not be secretary if I did not think I could do my job
 impartially despite that.

        If it appears to me that my judgement as secretary is being
 affected, I shall immediately  recuse myself and delegate the power.

        manoj
--
After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.