Someone else please take over (Was: seconds searched for override of resolution 007 needed. (Was: [PROPOSAL] Final consensual proposal for the problematic firmware issue in the linux kernel sources.))

Hi all,

I am more than sick of the turn this is taking, and seeing how Jurij,
following in Andres steps, is starting to bash on me, and how of the kernel
team, only Kyle seconded the changed proposal, and how Steve and Manoj
constantly attack me and deny me having tried to reach a consensus within the
kernel team, before enlarging this consensus to the outside teams.

I don't know anymore what you think of the current resolution, it is my
understanding that it was not what we the kernel team wanted, as per the
statement written by Jurij after the irc meeting, and that some of you have
threatened to leave all kernel work for debian if we where to remove the
firmwares, which the current resolution does indeed do.

All this came because i was left almost alone in dealing with this, and
because you where not vigilant enough and let this mess happen. I am sick of
having to get the constant bashing, and then have all the project fall on me
because i "post so much".

So, please, someone else handle this, and makes sure there are enough people
seconding the new proposal, and make sure the project does indeed vote on it
with a 3:1 majority as Manoj claims it needs, or start on removing all those
firmwares, but i want to hear no critic or outrage from all those who remained
silent while this was happening, i sent enough warnings to debian-kernel and
spoke about it on irc that you have only yourself to blame for it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther