Question about GR-2006-004

Hi all,
I have a question about the current GR under voting[1].
Please note that IANADD, and hence I have no voting right.

The text of the resolution states, in part:

|  B.  Strongly recommends that all non-programmatic works distribute
|      the form that the copyright holder or upstream developer would
|      actually use for modification. Such forms need not be distributed
|      in the orig.tar.gz (unless required by license) but should be
|      made available on upstream websites and/or using Debian project
|      resources.

This seems to change the meaning of the social contract, since it was my
understanding that the present rules (clarified by the famous "Editorial
amendments" GR-2004-003) imply that *all* works in main must comply with
the DFSG (including #2).
In other words, TTBOMK, *all* works distributed in the Debian system
(i.e. in main), be they programmatic or non-programmatic, *must* be
distributed with the form that the copyright holder or upstream
developer would actually use for modification; and such forms need to be
distributed in the orig.tar.gz.
This GR seems to relax the rules for non-programmatic works.

If this is the case, why does the amendment only need simple majority?
Shouldn't it require a 3:1 supermajority?

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_004

P.S.: I am not subscribed to debian-vote, so please Cc: me on replies.
      Thanks.

--
But it is also tradition that times *must* and always
do change, my friend.   -- from _Coming to America_