Re: Call for votes

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 08:45:14AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I am asking Frederik to accept this
>> >  amendment, failing which, I am also seeking formal seconds for this.
>>
>> I would prefer that Frederik accept it, but in case he doesn't, I second
>> this proposal:
>
> There is little doubt that Fredrik will not accept it, since it says all the
> contrary to what the intention was, and makes for a useless GR.

As I understand it, the proposal said "distributed under a DFSG free
license" and meant that it has such a license statement, not that we are
actually able to fulfill all requirements (like providing source).  If
this is ambiguous, maybe it should be worded better.

I also assumed that my perception is correct that most of the drivers
actually have such a license statement.  However, I have read in your
other post that you believe most of them are erroneously under GPL.

All that is very confusing.  Maybe I should revoke my seconding, and
instead wait whether the meeting on the weekend will bring us a
"consensus" proposal.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster