Re: Splitting out Choice #1 from vote_004

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:14:03PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le mar 26 septembre 2006 14:08, Sven Luther a écrit :
> >   [ ] non-free firmware can be accepted in main (josselin) (needs 3:1)
>
> this is very poorly worded, joss proposition is not that at all, it's
> about allowing firmware in main *until* a proper technical solution
> exists.

(possibly forever).

I think i even commented on this in the orginal followup to the proposal, and
didn't much like the wordings.

> and afaict Manoj never asked 3:1 for it, so I don't know where you have
> found it needed it.

He never asked on the list, but we have been discussed it on irc, and he
mentioned that it might need 3:1. And yes, a permanent exception to the SC
needs 3:1.

So, please, just because you didn't read it here, this doesn't mean there is
no discussion ongoing elsewhere, and please stop the above, which is clearly
in line with the effort to discredit me by saying i say only nonsense.

Friendly,

Sven Luther