Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> Now, if you become the release manager, and your employer makes your
>> compensation contingent on Debian not releasing before February of 2010,
>> no one can NMU the release.  Theoretically, we could replace you, but we
>> cannot fix the problem directly.
>> Would you not agree that this affects the risk assessment?
> If I became the release manager and some other distribution offered me
> $50,000 if Debian doesn't release before February of 2010, the situation
> is the same.  What you're talking about here, in my opinion, is a simple

No it isn't the same. The relation between your employer and you and
between the other distribution and you is quite different.

This difference should be pretty clear.

 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>
 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169