Re: The Sourceless software in the kernel source GR

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 01:42:14PM -0500, Debian Project Secretaru wrote:
> ,----
> | THE DEBIAN PROJECT therefore,
> |         1. reaffirms its dedication to providing a 100% free system to
> |            our users according to our Social Contract and the DFSG; and
> |         2. encourages authors of all works to make those works
> |            available not only under licenses that permit modification,
> |            but also in forms that make such modifications practical; and
> |         3. supports the decision of the Release Team to require works
> |            such as images, video, and fonts to be licensed in
> |            compliance with the DFSG without requiring source code for
> |            these works under DFSG #2; and
> |         4. determines that for the purposes of DFSG #2, device
> |            firmware shall also not be considered a program.
> `----

For the record, this is not the full text of the votable resolution which I
proposed; the preceding text was preambulatory text, not rationale, and was
submitted as part of the resolution itself.  This is mostly irrelevant now
since it's been withdrawn, but the proposers of the other resolutions may
want to confirm that the full text of their resolution has been cited.  In
particular, I believe Josselin's proposal was initially submitted as an
amendment to mine changing only the last point, which would logically mean
this preambulatory text is missing from his as well, leaving him with a GR
that begins with the silly opening phrase "The Debian project therefore".