Re: Withdrawn: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:40:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 04:58:51PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Seriously, let this stay for now, vote on Frederik's GR for granting an
> > exception for etch, so we can work on etch on a timely fashion, and then
> > participate in the debate Anthony proposed, which would culminate at the
> > in-person discussion during debconf'07 in Edinbourg.
>
> What do you (and Frederik, and others) think of adding those items to
> the proposal explicitly?

Well, i don't know about the others, but my personal feeling is that this has
nothing important to add to the GR per se. Maybe we can add it in the
rationale part, but i don't really see the point of a GR saying that we will
later hold a debate about another GRish point.

A GR has no power of decision on such a thing, only those people who want to
hold this later discussion can start such a discussion.

Maybe it would be clearer if you proposed a bit of text explaining what you
want to say, and how it would interact in the GR.

And as said, a ballot with only this GR and "Further Discussion" will work
just fine, because if we reject the "let's release etch one time" part of it,
we need further discussion to know how we handle the issue :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther