Re: Withdrawn: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 11:32:51AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> vorlon@debian.org wrote:
>
> >While I still believe that this proposal represents a reasonable position
> >for the project to take, the discussion over the past two weeks makes it
> >clear to me that a large enough fraction of our developership disagrees
> >strongly with this interpretation that it's not in the best interest of the
> >project to push forward with this proposal.
> So what? A large enough fraction of our developership disagrees strongly
> with the current interpretation as well.

Would you care to put a number behind this : "large enough fraction" ? How
much is it really ? From the posts here we have evidence of maybe 1% or so,
not more.

Seriously, let this stay for now, vote on Frederik's GR for granting an
exception for etch, so we can work on etch on a timely fashion, and then
participate in the debate Anthony proposed, which would culminate at the
in-person discussion during debconf'07 in Edinbourg.

Friendly,

Sven Luther