Re: Firmware & Social Contract: GR proposal

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 12:01:37AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Now we have it flat out: Steve thinks perhaps we will simply never
> > bring the kernel packages into compliance with the DFSG.
>
> I demand that you retract this slanderous remark.  It may be the case that
> the kernel packages are never brought into compliance with the DFSG *as
> currently written*, or *as you would like them to be interpreted*, but I
> would not be spending my time on this discussion if I didn't think it
> mattered to bring the kernel packages in line with the DFSG.

As I understand it, your proposal is to change the DFSG to bring it into
line with the kernel packages, not to bring the packages into line with
the DFSG.  Is that correct?  If so, the statement by Thomas Bushnell BSG
is more silly (telling someone what they think) than slanderous.

Confused,
--
MJR/slef