Re: Firmware & Social Contract: GR proposal

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:26:36PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:31:57AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Following the social contract change, we have been able to remove most
> > of non-free stuff from the distribution, especially documentation.
>
> Removing non-free documentation had been a planned release goal
> for etch since August 2003, prior to the SC GRs entirely. See
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2003/34/, eg.

Notice though that we delayed that, not because of not caring or other such
issues, but because we were expecting that the discussions with the FSF solved
the GFDL problem and that this move would have proven unecessary. It was only
once it became clear that this would not be the case in a timely way for etch
that the move of the non-free documentation out of main started.

Friendly,

Sven Luther