Non-DDs right to speak on mailing lists

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:39:43PM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> He didn't use the leader@debian.org address.  It was clear to me that
> he was speaking as a developer, not as the DPL.

But he has repeatedly suggested when speaking as a developer that
non-DDs are kind of a second-class speaker on Debian mailing lists. In
my opinion, he is dead wrong on this track and I frown upon him making
these suggestions.

In my opinion, all people are equal in technical and political
discussions. Non-DDs provide valueable input and I hate the idea of
discouraging them from participating in Debian's discussion media.
They can't vote, and that's OK in my opinion, so they are somewhat
less heard in Debian anyway.

Please, non-DDs, don't let yourself be discouraged and demotivated by
the individual who happens to wear the DPL hat when he is not
discouraging and demotivating.

Greetings
Marc