Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Le mercredi 23 août 2006 à 11:51 +0200, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> Also, we are currently converting firmware from the broken way (i.e.
> included inside the kernel) to a better way. I don't think that it is a
> good idea to make the requirements for the (technical and social) better
> implementation tougher than for the old implementation (and also,
> technical differenes shouldn't make an ethical difference).

The idea is to force the split as soon as a technical way is provided
for a driver. This way, we will not discourage people from providing
patches to split out firmwares, as the maintainer would then
(theoretically) be forced to accept the patch.