Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 06:16:43PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > I'd like to ask that we keep the discussion period for this open
> > until the SPI elections are completed and the new board has an
> > opportunity to comment.
>         While I have no interest in rushing this proposal to a vote,
>  and would like for us to have ample time to consider all angles and
>  options, I should also note that the SPI board has no say in
>  Debian's technical or nontechnical decisions, including our
>  foundation documents.

That's true, but I think it's appropriate to give them a chance to voice
that opinion as a group -- relationships don't work if the parties don't
listen to each other, even when they don't have to.

>         Is there something I am missing about why a Debian GR should
>  wait until the SPI board has time to deliberate on it and tell us the
>  results of their reflections?

No, I don't think so. I just think it's valuable for us to make sure we
have the benefit of their input.

Cheers,
aj