Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:

> to, 2006-07-20 kello 20:12 -0500, Manoj Srivastava kirjoitti:
>> +   9.2. Authority
>>
>> +    1. An organization holding assets for Debian has no authority
>> +       regarding Debian's technical or nontechnical decisions, except
>> +       that no decision by Debian with respect to any property held
>> +       by the organization shall require it to act outside its legal
>> +       authority. An exception is that Debian's constitution may
>> +       occasionally use SPI as a decision body of last resort.
>
> More importantly, the last sentence makes it sound that the Debian
> constitution requires the SPI to act illegally, whereas the exception
> really is to the fact that Debian doesn't have authority. I'm not sure
> how this is best fixed.

I've got one other remark about this:  This text is part of the
constitution proper.  Then why stay vague and write "occasionally",
instead of referring to the particular place where SPI is the last
resort for decisions?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster