Re: Donations

Scripsit Martin Wuertele <maxx@debian.org>
> * MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> [2006-06-20 08:27]:

>> I've looked into this in the past and every example country
>> suggested so far, from European ones through to the Solomon
>> Islands, had some form of tax-beneficial not-for-profit
>> organisation.  Arguably, a state without such an organisation is
>> not a good place to store debian's money anyway.

> In some countries like e.g. Austria it is quite difficult to get the
> tax-deductable status for donations while it is fairly easy to get tax
> exumption for them.

Likewise in Denmark. Volunteer-run non-for-profit organizations
automatically are not tax subjects at all. But tax-deductable donation
status must be explicitly applied for, and is likely to succeed only
for groups with serious puppy-eye causes to appeal to.

--
Henning Makholm                              "It will be useful even at this
                                      early stage to review briefly the main