Re: Donations

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:39:33AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 12 Jun 2006, Anthony Towns uttered the following:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 08:46:48AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> +       Project Leader's Delegate(s); any Developer may post there.
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Do we really want to make it impossible to authorise funds by going
> > through -private should we need to?
>
>         Authorizing funds, sure. I can see why that needs to be
>  private. Adding a company authorized to receive funds, I can see no
>  reason for that to be done in back channels.

Ah, but if that is what you mean, then you should change your wording.
"make decisions affecting property held in trust" could reasonably be
interpreted as "make decisions about virtually anything even remotely
relating to property held in trust, including authorizing
disbursements". That does not match with your above interpretation.

[...]
> >> +                                                            any
> >> +   donations for the Debian Project must be made to any one of a
> >>     set
> >
> > s/donations/contributions/ ? s/for/intended to benefit/ ?
>
>         Well, contributions immediately evoked in me the work people
>  do and contribute to the project, but that is just me. Donations do
>  seem to imply money and hardware, which is what we are talking about,
>  but I am open to changing it if people think contributions is better.

No, personally I don't think that would be better. I agree with you on
the interpretation of work being done for Debian.

[...]

--
Fun will now commence