Re: Donations

Wouter Verhelst wrote on 11/06/2006 09:54:
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 02:39:45PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>>This should refer to another text listing the vetted organizations.
>>One outside the constitution so it can be changed as needed.
>

> That's usually bad practice in a constitution. You want to change the
> constitution if the Debian website wants to reorganize the website?
> There is a reason why most countries' constitutions never make things
> too explicit, and I think we should do the same.
>
> Perhaps something like 'The DPL must maintain a list on a
> publically-announced web page' could work, but I don't see much benefit
> in that.

Well the benefit is that the DPL is forced to keep such a list, so that
later DPLs can easily track which organizations might keep money for
Debian. That means it is harder for money to get lost (I don't think
that would happen intentionally, but I know it can easily happen
unintentionally).

Regards,
Sven