Re: To all candidates: delegation process

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:47:16PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> As you might have noted, the Constitution does not spell out the
> process how a new delegation is made.  Would you please summarize the
> process you intend to follow if you are elected?  Thanks.

For tasks not currently under anyone's specific responsibility, I'd
describe the task, and announce the delegation on an appropriate
mailinglist. The appropriate place is depending on the importance of a
task, delegating someone to deal with a specific negotiation is
something else than a delegation of an ongoing infrastructural task. For
selection of who to delegate, I'd inquire with related delegates,
related teams, and any other stakeholders, and of course with my DPL
team -- but make the decision myself.

For tasks currently delegated, or at least, currently performed by
someone or some team, I'd leave that to the current responsibles, and
merely rubber-stamp. Where task descriptions are unclear[1], or even
disputed, I'll work on documenting that. Only when there's a very strong
reason to do otherwise, I'd do so, but that's a sort of last-resort
action, only to be done when there couldn't be an agreement any other
way.

--Jeroen

[1] Not many people know what tasks are exactly done by wanna-build
    maintainer, buildd maintainers, port maintainers and ftp-masters
    respectively, for example

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl