Re: Candidate questions: expulsions process

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:36:42AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> >1. The process "is intended as a last resort" - what steps would
> >   you take before initiating or supporting it yourself?
>
> I would need to convince myself of two things:
>  * that the project as a whole would be clearly better off without
>    that developer, due to their behaviour
>  * that the developer was fully aware of the behaviour in question and
>    had no intention of changing that behaviour

Would you try to mediate - or at least verify mediation attempts
- before supporting an expulsion?

[...]
> >3. Do you think the process should be modified and, if so, how?
>
> I'm personally satisfied with the process as it stands; I don't see
> any major flaws. Would you modify it yourself?

I'm not sure. It's a strange combination of whuffie and hierarchy -
both things I dislike - but ultimately needs lots of people to
judge badly to make an injustice, so is probably more robust than
many debian processes.

Thanks for your answers,
--
MJR/slef