Re: question for all candidates

Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> wrote:
> * Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2006-03-07 20:09:11]:
>> If you were DPL right now, which teams would you consider making formal
>> delegates regardless of their wishes?
>
> It would depend on weather I had good additional people that
> could make (in my oppinion) a difference in team dynamics and
> performance.

Last November, you and the DPL team wanted to propose a GR that would
have forcibly made everyone in a position of authority a formal
delegate, and stated that you had replacements ready if they were
unwilling to comply.

1) You now appear less willing to do so. What has changed?

2) At the time you said that you had new ftp-masters and a new security
team ready to replace the existing ones. Does this mean that you already
have good additional people that could (in your opinion) make a
difference in team dynamics and performance?

3) You have previously claimed that new people were formally delegated
to the security team during the past year. This was never announced on
debian-devel-announce, and these delegations were never posted on
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization . If you were unable to
successfully add people to teams then, why do you believe you would be
able to do so during your time as DPL?

4) You were planning to propose a GR that would have made the
ftp-masters formal delegates. However, at the time you had not actually
raised this with the ftp-masters. How does this fit with your desire for
the project to be more open and communicative?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org