Re: Question to all candidates about the NM process

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 01:06:37PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Do you think that we need to change the NM checks?
[...]
> As an example where I think the current situation is suboptimal, the
> current template's library questions are too complicated if you're not
> going to work with C libraries, or especially if you're not going to
> work with C programs at all, but they are inadequate if you're
> actually going to maintain a C library. However, how to exactly change
> the templates then, I'm not sure about.

Well, looking at the problems the release teams faces when yet another
central library needs a major upgrades or changes its API in interesting
ways, it seems like we need to educate a lot of developers about library
packaging. They don't inform themselves enough, as far as I can see.

What do you think about these problems with the technical skills of some
DDs? Have you thought about educating people that already have their
account? One of your fellow DDs candidates proposed to make DDs go
through the NM process on a regular basis, what do you think about that?

Marc
--
BOFH #77:
Typo in the code