Re: Question for Bill Allombert: independence

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:45:35PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> You write in your platform that
>
>   -- I am independent, so I will be able to represent all the developers.
>
> What is it that you're independent from that other candidates aren't, and
> how exactly does independence help you "represent" developers?

There are about one thousand Debian developers and we are a very diverse
community. If your work in Debian is too focused on one aspect you will
not be able to see the point of view of the others developers.  It is
important the DPL has a large view to balance the interest of every one.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.