Re: question for all candidates

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 12:18:55PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Should we amend our constitution to reflect how Debian is structured in
> reality, or should the people doing these tasks now be recognised as
> delegates of the DPL? What will you do to clarify the situation?

We should ensure that the document describing the organisational layout
of the project[1] is accurate. I can come into Ian Jackson's reply[2],
and I don't feel it is really needed to tackle this issue, as long as
the differences either way are mostly academic. I intend to focus on
real issues instead. When the difference is relevant, I will focus on
achieving what I want to achieve. As I wrote in my platform:

| [Debian] excels where people work together directly on technical
| problems they like to contribute to. It is the nature of the Debian
| project, and in the ideal situation, the DPL should not be involved at
| all.

What remains on the plate from the current term, is working with some of
those teams to get some bottlenecks and other issues resolved, but I do
not expect to need to (or that it would be effective to) resort to
powers only available for dealing with delegated teams, nor do I
currently consider any of the issues pressing enough to promise
working on them in my platform -- I will work on some of them, and
direct more attention when needed, but there are only so many hours in a
year, and I want to focus my DPL-ship.

--Jeroen

[1] http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/02/msg00679.html