Re: DFSG4 and combined works

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:15:08 +0100, Frank Küster wrote:

> And then, has nobody ever raised the rumor that the purpose of this "GFDL
> is non-free" hullaboo is just to make sure that we will have our non-free
> section, for ever?

I feel it the same way.  This is not a campaign for freedom, but an
action to cover Debian's guilty conscience.  Tolerating non-free
software is not what the Social Contract is about.  At the end, it
might result in something like "Yes, we are distributing non-free
software, but our main section is even more free".  Except that by
removing GFDLed docs won't make it more free.

The fact that people expressed the opinion that Debian doesn't
consider non-free software as antisocial and unethical scares me a
lot.  That means that I, as a user, cannot rely on Debian's judgement
for freedom.

--
Yavor Doganov