Re: Anton's amendment

Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> wrote:

> Any patch file for A is a work based on A.  The copyright law forbids
> the independent distribution of such works unless the license of A
> explicitly permits it.  I don't know of any license that permits such
> distribution (includingly the old Qt license).

"You may make modifications to the Software and distribute your
modifications, in a form that is separate from the Software, such as
patches"

In the context of the QPL, "Software" refers to the original, unmodified
software. How, precisely, does that forbid me from distributing a patch
that contains elements of work A and work B when both are released under
the QPL?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org