Re: The invariant sections are not forbidden by DFSG

craig
> the DFSG does not require convenience.  it requires freedom.  lack of
> convenience DOES NOT equate to non-free.
>
> case in point - it is inconvenient (for both the distributor and the
> user) to distribute modified software in the form of original work +
> patch file. very inconvenient. in fact, a complete PITA, especially for
> the user. yet that is explicitly defined as being free in the DFSG.

Even in that case, the used copy of the work usually has the
patched-out part missing. I don't think the patch permission is
relevant to the FDL, because most Invariant Section advertisers
would be unhappy if their advert is not visible in an opaque copy.
Not least FSF: would an invisible GNU manifesto satisfy their goal?

--
MJR/slef