Re: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:
> * Russ Allbery [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:17:14 -0800]:

>> If we're going to put all the options on the ballot, let's go ahead and
>> put them *all* on the ballot so that no significant group of DDs can
>> later claim that their opinion wasn't represented by the choices.

>   Latelly, I'm thinking that this (in a similar fashion to Manoj's mail)
>   is the best option. The only problem I see is that Manoj's mail seems
>   to want to attach a position statement to each option, and that can be
>   divisive. I'm starting to see the benefits of a prior vote...

Me too.  The question raised by the original proposal here seems to be
more one of whether we want to make a public policy statement about an
issue already decided by delegates.  After reading Manoj's messages, I
think it's clear that, if people want to vote on whether to override the
delegate decision, we should do that *first*.  Then, once that's settled,
we can look at what public position statements may or may not be
appropriate.