Re: Question for candidate Towns

also sprach Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2005.03.11.1715 +0100]:
> > That people who would like to know more about Debian internals
> > have no easy way of finding out, and if they approach those that
> > know at the wrong time, or not in the way those would expect,
> > they get flamed and blacklisted.
>
> As you weren't able to provide a single problem (but only listed
> a non-problem), I consider you're just a firefeeder.

This is part of the problem: you (as well as some others) are in
a situation in which you fail to understand how others in the
project feel. You know a lot about the project, so it's all obvious
to you. There are people among us who have not been part of Debian
since 1.1, but who would like to know more about what's happening
behind the curtains. However, those people are often told to RTFM or
go spend time in the code, or just not taken seriously.

No, I do not have (nor do I want to present) a single example for
you, Joey. I am sure that you will dissect just about anything
I write. All the better if there is an easy way to find out
everything about the project. It just does not help much if every
aspect is documented in a different place, or using a different
paradigm.

What you fail to see is that there is something daunting about
a project of this size and complexity to those who are trying to
understand it top-down, rather than having been part of building it
bottom-up.

Also note that I am not only speaking for myself here. I can say
with confidence that the above paragraphs echo the thoughts of many
fellow contributors.

`. `'`