Re: email vs. IRC debate (was: DPL election IRC Debate - question about the NEW handling)

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2005.03.03.0752 +0100]:
> > I don't know, maybe email debate is better, it allows for more in depth
> > discussion.
> ... and massive volumes of text, which noone with a real life can
> read, think about, and respond to.

Especially if an IRC debate organiser posts what looks like flamebait.
Some prefer email. Some prefer IRC. Let's cater for both, OK?

Myself, I find email more reliable and I think it's important to
explore my choice, but I like seeing the interaction of a good
IRC debate. It would be really cool if audio debates happen,
but even IRC debates seem tricky to schedule and run.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.