Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions

also sprach Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> [2005.03.03.0735 +0100]:
> Where can we put them? Submitting them "in secret" to be edited by
> the debate organizers seems incorrect.

Part of the reason why I would like to do it this way is (a) we have
to edit the questions anyway, since there are only two hours, and
about 15 submissions so far, of which many overlap. (b) the idea of
the IRC debate seems to be to hear what the candidates have to say
"right now" without giving them much time to prepare a diplomatic
"campaign" answer. Thus, having them publicly available first
changes the debate from impromptu to prepared, which makes it kind
of pointless, IMHO. Anyway, if it is supposed to allow for
preparation, I do not see why we cannot have a debate spread over
several days on a moderated mailing list...

`. `'`