Re: Red-tops, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:21:05PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>
>
> > Oooh! So the fact that I've shown up in it a few times means I'm part of
> > the Cabal now?
>
> No, not by a large margin. I have a cabalometric experiment at
> <http://people.debian.org/~henning/brainshare/dwn-2005-09.96.html>.
> The rules: Each time DWN links to a mailing list post by you, you get
> 1000 brainshare points. Each time a new issue comes out, your score is
> multiplied by 0.96 and rounded down to an integer. This will make all
> of your 1000 points go away in two years if you don't replenish them.
>
> The list shows everybody who has more than 1000 points. You are not
> among them (except if my DWN-parsing script is broken), but MJ himself
> currently has 2661 points and a ranking of #30.

Awwwwwwww. Damn. I'll have to go annoy more people or something. I doubt
I'd be on there even if it was mis-counting me due to the name change.

> The real inner-sanctum cabal of course consists of those who have
> ranked #1 at some time in DWN's publishing history. It consists of
> <http://people.debian.org/~henning/brainshare/dwn-hist.96.html>
> Ben Collins, Marcus Brinkmann, Brian White, Wichert Akkerman, Ian
> Jackson, Joey Hess, Jason Gunthorpe, Martin Schulze, Richard Braakman,
> Anthony Towns, Branden Robinson and Steve Langasek.

A truly worth set of luminaries. Or at least torchieres...

> One could do similar computations with other multipliers than 0.96.
> The lower the multiplier, the more different people will have been #1
> sometime. One might estimate the probability that somebody is actually
> in the cabal as the highest multiplier that lands him in the inner
> sanctum. My own cabalicity is 59 %. :-)
>
> > I really have to wonder what you'd have to do or who you'd have to annoy
> > to get blacklisted from DWN.
>
> Indeed, who'd have thought that, say, Anthony and Branden would be
> co-leaders of the same cabal?

Who would have thought, indeed? Nobody, I'm *sure*...

*realigns the orbital mind control lasers*
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :